"One joy scatters a hundred griefs" ~~Chinese Proverb~~


Friday, December 22, 2006

Sightseeing day 2..visiting a park, a tea factory and the electronic market

Ok so long day! Im really tired right now, just got Chloe to sleep and fixin to go to bed myself so im going to just put a couple of highlights from the day then post some pics! So we started out going to a very cool park in China today, and man was it beautiful!! Then we went to a tea factory which was a very good cultural experience and tonight we went to check out this huge market (kinda like a mall) with just electronics in it..awesome! So heres some pics for you to fiest your eyes on...=)

Yet another great shirt hehe
Maja and Chloe at breakfast Me and Chloe in the lobby of WS (White Swan)
The four of us strollin in the park (love this pic!)

Workin on my "Kill Bill" pose..haha

Beautiful park


this man at the park came by with his 2 birds and let me hold them..the white one tried to eat my hat..lol

This ones for you Lisa..dad and his baby with his Margaritaville shirt..lol

At the tea factory


Our awesome guide Elvin and Chloe!!


And to end this busy day, me and mom took Chloe to the Swan Room, a place inside the hotel for kids to play at...Chloe and her orphanage friend Madison had a blast!!

Chloe checks out the cool toys while Madison just watches

Trying to stand up!

"yay! A ball!" Chloe seemed to like it!

These kids are really wanting that ball...lol..competition starts at a young age..hehe

Now im off to get some shut eye..tomorrows another busy day of sightseeing!!

9 comments:

~ Alison said...

The first pic of Chloe (on the bed, i think) is simply ADORABLE!!! Thanks for sharing your journey.

P.S. - The Kill Bill pose totally cracked me up.

LALISA CARPENTER said...

Hi guys,

It looks like you are having a great time. Please tell Elvin your guide Hello from us. He was our guide last year. I will try to send you a picture of Christopher tonight so that he can see how much he has grown. Also let him know he has become a well behaved little boy who loves his family.

Nana said...

We love the pictures of our wonderful faimly in the park. Chloe is so precious...can't wait to hold her.
Love,
nana & pop

Sandra said...

Lindsey, thank you for sharing this awesome travel journal. You are a wonderful big sister!

amanda said...

love the pictures. she is so adorable .we miss yall alot ccant wait until mason and chloe meet.. take care amanda

C's Mom said...

Beautiful pics!

I would have been chicken of the birds. Birds wig me out...especially ones with big beaks ;0)

Unknown said...

CHUCK,
I LOVE THE PICTURE. GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE STILL IN TOUCH WITH REALITY. YOU HAVEN'T LOST TOUCH WITH THE DARK SIDE YET.HA! HA!
LISA

SUSAN said...

Well Ihave been working the grave yard shift plus some on the 2nd shift. Ihave had my camera phone with pictuers of Chole with me at work. showing everyone it is the most wonderfull birtday I have ever had just knowing you guys were all the way acroos the ocean to get that little angel God has sent to you. I go to sleep thinking about the perfect little baby God had waiting on the perfect family. Even though it seemed like forever till you got that perfect little blessing from God. he knew when it was the perfect time for him to give you one of the most precious gift,s from him. Chole is very blessed to have you all for a family especially that drop dead gorgeous big sister of her,s. I knoe I don,t have to tell you that you are all very very special to me and alway,s will be I along with hunderdes of other,s cant wait to hold that special little angel God has given to your family. So I am telling you now to put me on the top of the list now. Pam Cole say,s she just can,t stop looling at all the pictures of all the pix of you all she just say,s it is sooo up lifting to her. We tell every one we talk about this true Love story. We know it is truly Gods Love to your family . God is good all the time all the time God is good. He is good to all of us Ijust thank him every day for all my blessing,s. Ok I am going to go now and eat a bite. I miss you all very much. Love and Prayers
Aunt, Susan

Wannell Willard said...

Hey,
China looks like a very beautiful place. I know that you all are having a ball. I meant to tell you that the pic of all of you when you saw Chloe for the first time is PRICELESS. I had to cry because I am so happy for you. Chloe looks so happy and you can tell that all of you are bonding. This probably seems like a dream, and in a way it is..... A DREAM COME TRUE!