"One joy scatters a hundred griefs" ~~Chinese Proverb~~


Thursday, December 28, 2006

Zai Jian China!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What an amazing journey this has been, we have met families who are now connected to us in such a powerful unique way that in my eyes make them a part of our family, watching the other families be united with their daughters at the same time, watching a family be born in front of my eyes was truely the most amazing time of my life. They are such good people and i feel blessed to have them apart of our travel group!! Much love to you guys, you know who you are ;-]
This trip has changed my life forever, this country has changed my life forever, and i am so glad that we were able to come here to see Chloe's birth country so that one day when she is older we can tell her what a rich country China is. The people here are really nice and many have become our friends, that in turn has made it even harder to say goodbye. Out of all the experiences of my life, the moment i first saw Chloe in person has to top them all. I fell in love with her, and i fell hard. That day, "Chloe day" will forever live inside me, and everytime i watch the video of that moment i will be reminded of how God has changed my life. The emotions have been overwhelming and my life FINALLY has so much more meaning to it, making this trip the hardest yet best trip of my life! We (my parents and i ) cannot thank the Chinese people enough for trusting us to raise one of their precious girls.
So now it is time to finish packing and load up the laptop and fly home, so Chloe can start her new life in America. Much love to those who have prayed for us and continue to pray for us, we will see you in North Carolina!! Next time i post, Chloe Madison Xian Jones will be an American!!
Love,
Chuck, Pam, Lindsey and Chloe Madison Xian Jones
and now for pics of our last day in China..the country that gave us this sweet girl!!

Dad and his 2 girls holding the last breakfast coupon this morning!
Dad and Chloe giggling in the Swan Room
Our new friends from The Home of Love..we will miss them
Yet more friends who have been so very kind to my family
Some preschool kids me, mom and Chloe saw today before lunch..they can say hello in english!
I love making her laugh and love the way her nose curls up
Bonding while viewing the Pearl River
Strollin...
Chloe took her first steps (with help from mom) during her last visit to the Swan Room
Packed and ready to go...Chloe wanted to make sure we didn't forget her..lol



8 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Oh my gosh... I recognize one of the locals in your pictures... Minnie, in the red coat... I believe that was her name. We bought chops for ourselves and Gracie and a name painting for Gracie done in their little shop... near the 7-11.. right? That little shop translated 20+ pages of documentation that our SWI put together with pictures while Gracie was in their care. They were truly kind people. I can honestly say that of everyone we met while we were there in September. Safe travels home...

God Bless!
Lisa :)

Wannell Willard said...

Hello,
You may already be on your way home. I have really enjoyed keeping up with all of your day-to-day events. It has really been exciting to see what all you have done all the way in China. I know you have made alot of memories that you will always treasure. Have a safe trip home and don't forget to take Chloe out of the suitcase. (Just Kidding)
Can't wait to see Chloe in person.
She is a baby doll.

~ Alison said...

Safe travels home . . . Mali & I have really enjoyed following your journey, especially the videos!

OziMum said...

Chloe is the most stylin girl ever! Well the trip is over, but I'm sure it'll be great to be home, sleepin in your own bed, your full wardrobe and normal food!!! So glad you guys enjoyed yourself. Safe travels.

C's Mom said...

Have a safe and speedy journey home. Thanks for sharing these awesome moments of your life with us :0)

Melissa said...

I can't see these photos but can see the ones in previous posts. Have a safe trip back to NC.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Gotta love Chloe's smile... too cute. I have enjoyed reading of the adventures. Take care... Felicity
http://flissandmikeadventures.blogspot.com/